Friday, July 4, 2008

Many,many thanks

Before we get too far removed from the events of the last couple of weeks, let me offer some heartfelt thanks to our friends in Oregon without whom we'd NEVER have made it. Hell, we wouldn't have gotten out of the house, which would have annoyed the very nice people who bought it.

The Web Wench, Bill and Phil and Linda, Marina (who let us use her car for more than a week as we dashed around doing errands,) Lorraine and Christi (who also made us a welcome dinner) The Coopers, Cap'n Slappy (who let us camp out at his place for two weeks while we made the final arrangements. Chad who lent us his truck, the friend of Alex's whose name I can never remember (Deera? Dina? Something like that – shameful of me, really) and many others I'm sure I'm forgetting in the whirl of activity.

Special thanks to our Realtor, Karen Stutheit, who sold the house for us at last and stuck with it tenaciously when things kept trying to cause trouble. We'd have been in a world of hurt without her.

It was not easy deciding to leave friends like that – and many more – to try something completely different. The fact that, even though we were leaving them, they rallied and helped us do so, speaks volumes about the value of their friendship.

Unless ... you don't suppose they were eager for us to go, and when it looked like we might not make it, got together and hurried us out of town. "How can we miss them if they won't go away!"

No, I'm pretty sure not. They're great people. Thanks to all of them.

Ol' Chumbucket

2 comments:

Pat Kight said...

I can't speak for the rest of the gang, but even as I was being slightly bummed out about you guys leaving, I was also thinking, "friends in the Virgin Islands ... hm ... that could prove useful!"

Mimi Foxmorton said...

I have to ask.....

What happened to the pirate painting that was over the couch.......?

;)