Monday, August 11, 2008

Kate’s assessment of things to date

Posted by Kate

Yo’kay, the new house is pretty cool. At least there’s room for all of us. Just this morning a lizard the size of my hand was in Al’s room. It was either a big anole or a small Iguana, either way I managed to touch its tail a bit before it scampered away. No idea how it got in.

In other news, I’m working on a few books. That’s right! I’m actually being productive! One is a book on toon theory, and the other is about a coven of wiccans who meet on the internet. Both are WIP at this point, and one is still in my head.

Speaking of wicca, I’ve been studying it more prominently lately than before. It’s really something I can get behind of all the religions and philosophies I’ve studied. It encourages free will, supports equality for all, and is aware that it isn’t the only way to live your life.

Go on, I dare you to judge me ... on second thought, don’t. Just keep it all in your head and then release it somewhere else on the internet so no one will know it’s you, just like the rest of the world.

Hmm, I wonder how many people I’ve made mad from that last comment.

So, to distract from it, I’ll point out that as I type this I’m watching the Olympics. The opening ceremonies are too awesome for most words, I only have a few statements about it. First, take that Athens, and second, I feel sorry for London.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate! Do you remember Jodi Altendorf? You had Thanksgiving dinner with us once.
Just to let you know, no judging you here. I think wiccan would be fascinating, tho' I don't know much about it. I'm feeling very interested in Buddhist philosophy - but not the religion, tho I don't know what the difference would be. Well, doesn't that sounds ignorant.
Good luck with working on your books.
As for the Chinese Olympics, if you could read the report about the little Chinese girl we sponsor through Holt and how little money the government has for her, it might make the opening ceremonies look like money going to the wrong place.
Say hi to all from me. So sorry to hear about the purse snatching. It could happen anywhere, of course, so I hope it doesn't color your feelings about your new home.
Love especially to your mom. I think of her each time I go outside and see her rocks.
Jodi

deadened-glow said...

Kate!
I would like to tell you about a site called witchvox.com, I hope you can visit it. The site has a wonderful amount of information that you would most likely be interested in.