Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Birds/Reminders

I glanced out our bedroom window this morning, which looks out over the top of a flowering tree growing beside the house. A hummingbird was flitting back and forth between blossoms.

I love watching hummingbirds, although they're kinda hard to focus on because they're so darned fast. And, like the others I've seen on this island, it was bright green, emerald really. I watched for a few minutes, and the green reminded me that this weekend is St. Patrick's Day, and the St. Croix St. Patrick's Day Parade is something not to be missed. Especially this year, since our friend Mike, who goes by the pirate moniker Cap'n Killy, is the grand marshall.

Then I went downstairs, into the kitchen. And in the backyard there was a rooster crowing. And crowing. And crowing.

It reminded me to take the chicken out of the freezer so I can fry it later today for dinner.

No comments: