Monday, February 7, 2011

A Top Ten List


With apologies to both Dave Barry and Dave Letterman, here is The Top Ten List of things you see or hear often on the island of St. Croix that would also make a good name for a band.




10) Copulating Lizards

9) Sea Glass

8) Sheck Sheck and Flamboyant

7) Wild Dogs

6) Roadkill Iguana

5) Feral Chicken

4) Pothole

3) Dead Horse in the Water

2) Leatherbacks


And the No. 1 thing you see or hear a lot on-island that would make a good name for a band is –


1) I Smell Pot









3 comments:

Amanda said...

I would pay to see a band named "Copulating Lizards".

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Ditto the Feral Chcikens.
(Actually, I'd pay just to see and *actual* feral chicken!)

~Fox

John "Ol' Chumbucket" Baur said...

Are you kidding? I could step outside and throw a rock and scare half a dozen or more out of the tall grass. And my arm isn't what it once was.