It's been a long time, almost six months, since anything has been posted here.
It's not like nothing's happened. Quite the contrary. It's been too full.
• Tori's mother, Janet, died.
• Daughter Alex moved off island, back to Oregon.
• Got a new used car, and have spent about $600 on various things, brakes, starter, tires. You know - things.
• Got through hurricane season relatively unscathed.
• Our cat went away and never came back.
• Started a new blog, solely about writing.
• Tori directed a play at the school that is widely regarded as the best show this island has seen in years.
All of those might have been the meat for dozens of blog posts, but we didn't post. Some were too hard to write about, some too transitory to have time to think about. Things are settling down a bit. I think I'll try to take this up again and do what it was supposed to do – talk about a family making this crazy move.
And things are still crazy – well, maybe not crazy, but certainy different than life was in Oregon. Still have things to sa o the subject. But in a sense I feel like I'm starting over.
So here I go. At least one post a week - short, but it'll get done.